Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ezekiel-What Are Cherubim? I Saw Them

By Mary Vee
Ezekiel 10



From Ezekiel's Journal



Photo Courtesy
My name is Ezekiel. God recently gave me a new message for the Israelite prisoners in Babylon. He showed me in a vision what He wanted me to say. In that vision, I saw cherubim. 

Have you wondered what real cherubim look like? 

This is what I saw:

"I saw beside the cherubim four wheels. The wheels sparkled like chrysolite. The four of them looked alike. Each was like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 

"As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the cherubim faced. The wheels did not turn about as the cherubim went. The cherubim went in whatever direction the head faced, without turning. 

"Their entire bodies, including their backs, their hands, and their wings, were completely full of eyes, as were their four wheels.

"I heard the wheels being called 'the whirling wheels.'


Photo Courtesy
"Each of the cherubim had four faces. One face was that of a cherub, the second face of a man, the third face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

"Then the cherub rose upward. These were the living creatures I had seen by the Kebar River in Babylon. 

"When the cherubim spread their wings to rise from the ground, the wheels did not leave their side. 

"When the cherubim stood still, they also stood still. 

"When the cherubim rose, the wheels rose with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in them.


Photo Courtesy
"While I watched, the cherubim spread their wings and rose from the ground. As they went, the wheels went with them. They stopped at the entrance to the east gate of the Lord's house. The glory of the God of Israel was above them.

"These were the living creatures I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the Kebar River. I realized--that they were cherubim. Each had four faces and four wings. Under their wings was what looked like the hands of a man. Their faces had the same appearance as those I had seen by the Kebar River. Each one went straight ahead."

What a breathtaking sight!

*******************************************************************************************************

Aren't they amazing creatures? And when we go to heaven, we'll be able to see them!


No comments: