Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ezekiel-God IS Just and Fair

By Mary Vee
Ezekiel 33

From Ezekiel's Journal


Photo Courtesy
My name is Ezekiel. I am a prophet, a person sent from God to give messages to the Israelites who were taken captive to Babylon.

God gave me an assignment, a very important one. He said, "I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel."


This is a big job.

Here is what God meant. A watchman is a person chosen by a nation to warn the people when danger comes. 

When the people hear the watchman blow the trumpet they are to protect themselves or hide. But if a person does not believe the warnings and ends up being harmed, it is that person's own fault.

Now, if the watchman sees danger coming and doesn't blow the trumpet to warn the people--and if one or more of the people dies as a result, the watchman will be held responsible.

See what I mean? This is a difficult job that God has asked me to do. I am honored that He trusts me to do the work, and will try my best to do all that God asks.

God then said, "Since I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel, give the people this warning form me. When I say to the ones who have done evil, 'You will be punished', you need to tell the person my message. If you do not, the person will still be punished for what they have done, AND I will hold you accountable for his punishment. 

"If you obey me and warn a person that they are sinning--so they have a chance to stop, but the person chooses to keep doing wrong, he will be punished, but you will be saved."

God then told me my first warning to give, "Our sins are weighing us down and we are wasting away because of the bad things we do. How can we live? As sure as the Sovereign Lord lives, He doesn't like punishing those who sin. God would rather see that person turn from their ways and chooses to live. Turn! Turn away from doing wrong. Please don't choose to die."

When I said these things to the people they shouted that God isn't fair. But God is fair and just.

If a good person chooses to do wrong things then he will be punished.

If a person who used to do wrong things stops and become good, he will not be punished. 

This is just and fair.

God judges each one of us according to what we alone have done. 

This is just and fair.

And now it is our job, and yours too, to warn people. Do you know someone who is choosing to do bad things? Should you say something to help them choose to stop doing bad and start doing good?

*********************************************************************************************

1.  What job did God give to Ezekiel?
2.  What does a person with this job do?
3.  What did God tell Ezekiel to tell the people
4.  God IS __________ and __________

No comments: