Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Day Jesus Blessed the Children

By Mary Vee
Mark 10:13-16



Photo by Mary Vee

On this day, many men and women brought their children to Jesus for a blessing.

The disciples thought this to be a terrible idea. They shooed the people back, after all Jesus had more important things to do than to waste it on children.

Jesus said to his disciples, "Let the little children come to me. Don't stop them or their guardians from bringing them. The kingdom of God belongs to children such as these.

"Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 






Wood carving made in Bethlehem
Photo by Mary Vee


So Jesus opened his arms and welcomed the children. They giggled and ran to him. He touched each child and blessed them.



Come back to read more.

*Note from Mary Vee: If you have questions, please feel free to leave them in the comment section. I will see them and will answer as best I can or direct you to a source.


*********************************************************************************************


sources: 
*A Harmony of the Gospels for Historical Study, An Analytical Synopsis of the Four Gospels by William Arnold Stevens and Ernest DeWitt Burton, Charles Scribner's Sons, New York 1932
*New International Version, New King James Version. 
*My Bible College training.
*My notes and walk through classes I've taught in Children's church. Answers to student questions, etc.
*Pastoral sermons on this time
*Matthew Henry Commentary
*F. LaGard Smith Commentary
*My notes from my trip to Israel.
*Photos from my trip to Israel.

No comments: