Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Tip #5 Easy Tool for Kids

By Mary Vaitkevicius

Here is a handy tool to share the Gospel with people. 

WORDLESBOOK

Each page of this book has a different color.  The colors represent the Gospel.

Here are tips to tell someone what Jesus did for them and how they can go to heaven using the Wordless book:

1.  Open the book to the Gold page. The gold, (or yellow) page represents Heaven.  Tell about Heaven as a perfect place  
Example:  I’d like to go to heaven someday.  God made heaven for people like you and me.  The Bible says there will be mansions and streets of gold. But more than riches, God will be there.  He’s the one who made me, the one who loves me.  Heaven is a perfect place where there is not pain, hunger, sickness or sadness.  I’d like to go to heaven but my sins stands in the way.

2. Turn to the next page-Black. The color black represents sins. Tell what sins are and how sins keep us from going to heaven.
Example: Sin is the word for the bad things I do.  When I cheat, lie, steal, refuse to do what my parents ask me to do, swear, and other bad things, I sin.  These bad things prevent me from going to heaven.  I could never be good enough to get to heaven on my own.  I need help.

3. Turn to the next page-Red. The color red represents God's love. Tell about God's love and Jesus' sacrifice to pay for our sins.
Example: God loves me. He loves you, too. He chose to send His only Son, Jesus, to take the punishment for all the sins of the world. Jesus lived a perfect life. He was the only one who could ever pay for our sins. Three days after He died, Jesus rose from the grave to show everyone the punishment had been paid. Days later, in front of several people, Jesus went to heaven.

4. Turn to the Blue page. The color blue represents faith.  Tell about the faith needed to be saved.
Example:  God said, “Believe on the Lord, Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.” What would I be saved from? Well, when I die I will either go to heaven or hell.  God says if I believe Jesus came to live on earth as an example for me, that He lived a perfect life, and that He paid for my sins when he died on the cross and rose from the grave, I can go to heaven.

5. Turn to the White page. The color white represent forgiveness.  Tell how Jesus will forgive them for their sins if they ask.
Example:   I can pray to God (that means talk to God) and tell Him I’m sorry for the bad things I’ve done, and tell Him I believe Jesus already took the punishment for my sins, God promises to forgive me and wash my sins away. 


6. Close the book to show the Green page. The color green represents growth.  Tell them how to grow in a relationship with God. 
Example:  God wants me to learn everything I can about Him.  He wrote the Bible to help me learn what to do, how to talk and listen to Him, how to tell others about Him so they can go to heaven, and much more.  It’s like a plant--when I water and feed the plant good soil it grows.  I can also grow close to God by praying, going to church and joining in activities where people talk about God.

The last step is to ask the person if they would like to pray to Jesus and ask Him to save them from their sins and to be  in their heart.

Example:  "God, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

How to Make Your Own Wordless book
Supplies:

1 sheet of green construction paper
1 sheet of gold or yellow construction paper
1 sheet of black construction paper
1 sheet of red construction paper
1 sheet of blue construction paper
1 sheet of white construction paper
Glue sticks

Directions to make your own Wordless book






1. Fold each sheet of paper in half like a book.
2. Lay the green paper on the table.  Glue half of the gold paper to the left side of the green paper.
3. Fold the gold paper closed, like turning a page in a book.
4. Glue half of the black paper to the closed gold paper.
5. Following this pattern, glue the red paper to the black
6. Glue the blue paper to the red.
7. Glue the white paper to the blue
8. Finish by glueing the other side of the white paper to the green cover.






  

No comments: